Now that we’ve all been working from home for the past week and half and our weekends consist of travel only from our bedrooms to our living rooms, many have probably exhausted most of the trending series and movies on Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, and Disney. However, there might be a few you missed. Think about adding these documentaries to your watchlist. Please note: Each documentary may have specific trigger warnings as needed due to their content and nature. Those rated TV-MA are primarily due to profanity.
- Undefeated (2011) ⁃ A look inside an inner city high school’s football team’s efforts to overcome obstacles and win their first playoff game.
Available on: Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Vudu, and iTunes.
2. Three Identical Strangers (2018) ⁃ Separated at birth, identical triplets find each other later in life, only to discover the gruesome and evil motive to their separation.
Trigger warning: This documentary contains a reference to suicide and may be triggering to some viewers.
Available on: Youtube, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Vudu, and Google Play.
3. Unacknowledged (2017) ⁃ UFO expert Dr. Steven Greer presents and explains classified documents pertaining to the existence of extraterrestrial life.
Available on: Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Youtube, Vudu, iTunes, and Google Play.
4. Evil Genius (2018) ⁃ A chilling four-episode docuseries about one of the most intricately planned bank heists.
Trigger warning: This documentary contains graphic real life footage of the murder from August 23rd, 2003, and may be triggering to some viewers.
Available on: Netflix
5. American Factory (2019) ⁃ “A documentary that looks at what happened when a Chinese company took over a closed General Motors factory in Ohio.” (The New York Times)
Available on: Amazon Prime Video
Thumbnail image courtesy of: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Identical_Strangers